First giving honor to God who is the head of my life. I’d like to thank Abba Father for this award…
Oh I’m sorry, I thought was on stage!
But seriously, I was nominated for a Liebster Award. (Applause, cheers, standing ovation) Never heard of it? Neither had I…until now! It’s an awesome way to discover new blogs and meet new people. You have been informed. In the words of Maui from the movie Moana, “You’re Welcome”!
Thank you soooo much to Queenly Constance for nominating me. The power of social media is amazing, so I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and finding me worthy to be acknowledged.
So what’s next?
1.) Acknowledge the blogger who nominated me. Enter the Queen, Constance. Thank you again, honey!
2.) Answer 11 questions Constance asked me about my blog.
3.) Give 11 random facts about myself.
4.) Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this award.
5.) Ask the nominated bloggers 11 questions.
11 Questions asked by Constance
1.) What is one thing you usually need to blog like a boss? Depending on the time of day that I blog, I need everyone in my house to take a nap or go to bed. I can listen to God more clearly without distraction from my husband and kids. I turn on some music and start writing like I’m talking to friends.
2.) How do you come up with blog topics? I go to God for EVERYTHING, so I ask Him what He wants me to share.
3.) What is your blog’s age? Supernaturally Me is 12 weeks today…woot woot!
4.) Why did you start your blog? I have a 7 year old special medical needs son along with a 4 year old daughter (5 on Sunday) and 22 month old son (23 months on Sunday). My husband is in the army which means deployments and TDY’s (temporary duty) away from home. I get asked all the time everywhere I go how I do it. I always give the short answer “by the grace of God” which is true, but this blog lets me open up more about my journey with my family. I love sharing with people how God can supernaturally give you His strength and power to get through ANYTHING.
5.) What is a tip for other bloggers? Don’t overthink it! When you have a topic you want to write about, go full throttle and give the people what they want. I second guess myself a lot, then I remember this is what God told me to talk about. I can’t argue with Him.
6.) What is something you wish someone would have told you before starting your blog? I wish I would have known that blogging is like talking to like minded individuals with similar interests. No need to write like you’re writing a textbook or novel. Be free to be yourself and speak from your heart the same way you speak to people. Had I known this before, I would have started blogging as soon I stopped working in corporate America 9 years ago.
7.) What’s one word that best describes your blog? Relatable
8.) Who is your favorite blogger and why? I honestly don’t read a lot of blogs. I’m more of vlogger follower. If you’re a faith based entrepreneur, you’ve most likely heard of Tiphani Montogmery. I love her Periscopes!
9.) When is your usual post day for your new blogs? Tuesdays. This is early enough in the week to get the blog written then I can Periscope later in the week.
10.) What is one of your blogging fears? I fear that I may write something someone doesn’t find interesting. Even if it’s a situation the person hasn’t experienced, I hope they find my sense of humor refreshing and can at least sympathize with the struggles of parenthood.
11.) We all have that one person in mind that would make our LIFE of they read one of our blogs. Who would that person be for you? As stated above, Tiphani Montgomery. I think she’s hilariously funny and definitely knows Jesus Christ. I would be so tickled, yet honored, if she read one of my posts.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’ve worn glasses since I was 2 years old.
- Some of my earliest memories start at age 2. I remember going skating with my parents at that age.
- I was an only child for 8 years, 10 months, and 8 days. I adore my little sister. She’s gorgeous and creative…like me.
- I graduated from high school in the top 10% of my class…number 7 to be exact. I was voted Most Likely to Succeed.
- I met my husband my freshman year of college at The University of Georgia. We’ve been together for 18 years, married almost 10 years. Aww!!!
- My husband’s birthday is on the 4th, I’m the 31st, my oldest son is the 15th, my daughter is the 22nd, and my baby boy is the 22nd. All equal to 4 through adding or subtracting. I think that’s pretty cool!
- My favorite holidays are Christmas and Independence Day. For the record, I can only listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving and ends on New Year’s Day.
- I ran 2 10 milers and 2 half marathons a year after my daughter was born. I impressed myself back then.
- I have 2 Bachelors (Telecommunications and Drama), a Masters in HR, worked in health insurance and banking industry, and now I’m a stay at home mom working to be an entrepreneur. Sometimes it takes a while to get focused:)
- I’ve been relaxer free since 2009. I long transitioned and cut ends in 2011. I went heat free in 2014. I’ve only had heat on my hair once in almost 4 years. No heat at all for the last 3 years. My Naturalistas will understand:)
- The beach is my favorite place to be!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are…
1) The World Traveling Mom – Jessie is a wife and mom of 2 boys. She travels with her family as an outlet to get away from the full time job of being Mom. She has a post with great tips for traveling to Disneyworld you should check out if you have kids and plan on going to Disney soon. I’ll be using these tips for my trip in July.
2) A Fashionable Believer – Chelsea sure knows how to rock some beautiful, colorful dresses and skirts…and other items, too. Who says you can’t love Christ while being cute? Be sure to read her anniversary post where she talks about how she met her husband. So sweet!
3) The Pretty Little Hustler – Kacie is a young lady living it up in NYC. I love NYC, so it’s nice to see someone in her 20’s taking on the Big Apple and making “pretty” moves. She has lots of posts with tips, gift guides, and travel around the city. Read her post about how to nail an interview, great tips!
4) A Glimmer in Her Eye – Follow the lives of two expatriates, husband and wife, living in Austria. I’ve traveled abroad but never lived outside the US. I love seeing the world through their eyes. Her post about moving while abroad will have you on the edge of your seat. Go read about what happened!
5) Chain Movers – We find many mom blogs out there, but here’s a dad blog with my type of interests. Josh lives in my home state of Georgia with his wife and 2 kids. Read his entry blog post about why his blog is called Chain Movers. I love seeing a man write about life from a dad’s perspective.
6) Baby Chicks and Seasonings – I need to step my game up after reading about this hot momma. Cinthya has a cute, everyday mom style that we can all follow whether we work a job outside the home or work a job inside the home (motherhood). Read her travel essentials post for some practical tips to stay fly.
7) Two Beautiful Disasters – In the words of my daughter, Ashley and Meghan are adorbs! I love women who can keep it real about life. Yes, it’s beautiful, but it can be a disaster of a hot mess sometimes. We always get through, and they show you how. Their recent blog post is so great for tweens and teens as they feature a company called STRONG Self(ie). STRONG Self(ie) offers a monthly subscription box as well as empowers young girl to be confident and strong. I love it!
8) Mocha Divas – Desiree is very inspiring, encouraging us to live our lives the fullest. You can’t help but to smile reading her posts about food and happenings around town. I particularly loved her post about breaking out of comfort zones. We could all use that push.
9) Azarya Life & Style – These 2 sisters, Amara and Chidera, are very bright young ladies inspiring others to live life on purpose with the help of God. I love seeing young people calling on God for their strength knowing it is because of Him that all things are possible. Their recent blog post hits the nail on the head with tips on how to trust God. Check it out!
10) Raising Little’ns – Friends and first time moms, Amelia and Jodie, give you the real about being a mom. They don’t give you the fluff that the internet or books talk about. I love their Confessions of a Bad Mum category (they’re British; therefore, mum). Sometimes they feature stories from other moms, you’re not alone. I love the one about dropping your phone on your baby’s head. Yes, I’ve done that several times to all 3 of my kids, lol.
11) Let There B Dance – My daughter loves to dance and is currently taking ballet and tap. Mary takes her over 30 years experience of teaching dance and provides lessons and tips with her expert flair. She has a very helpful post about 3 basic ballet steps. I need this information so I know what Zoe’s talking about as she tells me about her upcoming recital, hehe.
11 Questions for the Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- What are your goals for your blog? Is this a hobby or are you working towards a business, if you haven’t started one already?
- Who or what is your motivation to continue blogging?
- What is something you’ve learned about yourself since you started blogging?
- What was the time frame from the moment you got the idea to start a blog to the second you published your first post?
- What is your favorite compliment you’ve received from a reader?
- How do you market your blog to get the word out and gain subscribers/readers?
- Are there any bloggers that you follow who inspire you?
- Do you only write blog posts or do you also video blog on other social media platforms?
- Do you plan your blog topics ahead of time or write a post as something comes to mind?
- What feeling do you get after you’ve worked hard on a post then hit publish?
Thanks for coming along this ride with me. Sending love and hope your way!